Steve Kaplan has been coaching screenwriters and filmmakers for more than 20 years. His clients have included writers and directors working on their first scripts, as well as producers, directors, and production companies here in Hollywood and around the world. His students and clients include Oscar and Emmy winners and nominees.
Steve’s one-on-one consultations are a dynamic process — a two-way conversation which often illuminates unforeseen solutions to help achieve the best expression of the writer’s vision.
These consultation packages are designed to give you the most effective coaching at every stage of the screenwriting or development process, from formulating a story idea to treatments, first draft and revisions. The goal is to help the writer achieve the best possible version of their script, and of themselves as a writer.
- All coaching sessions are recorded, allowing you to review Steve’s notes, comments, and recommendations.
- All of Steve’s coaching is individual. Together, you can design your program and your schedule in whatever way will best suit your situation, your creative process, and your budget.
- For a better sense of Steve, here’s testimonials to his work and his teaching.
- If none of the listed packages fits your personal situation, simply email email@example.com and he’ll design a program that fits your needs.
- Once you’ve purchased a package, Steve will connect with you to schedule a consultation
- We will email you the recording of your session, plus any documents Steve has annotated, within 24 hours.
About the Feature Script And Revision Package
This package includes everything covered in the Feature Script package (see below) plus a follow up session one week later to discuss the notes and prepare for the next rewrite. You have up to six months to submit your revised draft. All consultations are done online over Zoom, and you’re provided with a recording of the session.
Includes the Feature Script Package:
Get Steve’s feedback and guidance on your complete screenplay (up to 125 pages). One-on-one consultation, up to 2 hours. In addition to focusing on the comedic premise, characters and content, the consultation covers theme, story, and structure, and usually includes both specific page and scene notes as well as line notes. We’ll focus on what’s working, areas that need attention and your next steps for the subsequent draft. All consultations are done online over Zoom, and you’re provided with a recording of the session.
- Fee: $2,050
- Turnaround Time: 2 weeks.
- Rush Fee: Add one-third of total price. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
If your project requires more extensive development, please contact us about designing individualized discounted packages. Email email@example.com for questions, estimates, and availability.