Steve Kaplan has been coaching screenwriters and filmmakers for more than 20 years. His clients have included writers and directors working on their first scripts, as well as producers, directors, and production companies here in Hollywood and around the world. His students and clients include Oscar and Emmy winners and nominees.
Steve’s one-on-one consultations are a dynamic process — a two-way conversation which often illuminates unforeseen solutions to help achieve the best expression of the writer’s vision.
These consultation packages are designed to give you the most effective coaching at every stage of the screenwriting or development process, from formulating a story idea to treatments, first draft and revisions. The goal is to help the writer achieve the best possible version of their script, and of themselves as a writer.
- All coaching sessions are recorded, allowing you to review Steve’s notes, comments, and recommendations.
- All of Steve’s coaching is individual. Together, you can design your program and your schedule in whatever way will best suit your situation, your creative process, and your budget.
- For a better sense of Steve, here’s testimonials to his work and his teaching.
- If none of the listed packages fits your personal situation, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll design a program that fits your needs.
- Once you’ve purchased a package, Steve will connect with you to schedule a consultation
- We will email you the recording of your session, plus any documents Steve has annotated, within 24 hours.
About the Hourly Package
Whether beginning a new screenplay or preparing for your next rewrite, fleshing your premise into a treatment, or simply considering which of several ideas to develop, Steve will work with you to bring clarity to your vision and purpose. Should you feel you need a bit more time, but not enough to justify a larger package, simply purchase two or three hours at the same hourly rate. Any unused time will be refunded.
- Fee: $300 per hour
If your project requires more extensive development, please contact us about designing individualized discounted packages. Email email@example.com for questions, estimates, and availability.